Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008




Thanksgiving 2008 was GREAT!
Oreo Turkey Desserts


Decorating the cookies- Lucy, Connally, Abigail (neighbor friend)
Not quite sure what the girls were decorating their faces with, though.

Lucy helped with the table decorations and place cards (too cute, I must say!)



Claude came over the day before to help cook. We needed something to keep the girls busy during the "Martha Stupid and Betty Quaker" cookoff, so we made Oreo turkeys with candy corns, milk duds and nerds (Thanks Pattie for the great idea!)

In attendance: Lucy, Connally, Garrick, Courtney, Mee Maw, Dad Dad, Ta/Claudia, Dave'o, Gink and Jim. (We missed you, Nifty, and talked about you a lot. Karen made your favorite, brussel sprouts, in your honor.)
My helper
The turkey was the best one yet. Garrick brined it a couple days before and we used the good 'ole Williams Sonoma basting techniques. Had all the usual fixings: mashpas, sweetpas, cranberries, stuffing, not-yo-mamas-greenbean casserole (Thanks Judy!) rolls, pecan and chocolate pie...oh and bloody marys (Had to make it an early lunch, so we could catch the big UT v ATM game.)

This year, we're thankful for good health, good friends, and of course, family. Here's a book that we read at the table by P.K. Hallinan Let's Be Thankful
I like to be thankful for all I receive, From the tiniest seashell...
To the mightiest breeze.
Fro when I am thankful,
It's easy to see
I tend to spend life
Living more joyfully!
So, I'm thankful for small things,
Like bugs on the ground...
And warm little puppies
That follow me around.
I'm thankful for fireflies
That blink in the night
And bright little stars
That twinkle with light.
I like to be thakful for bigger things, too-
Like seeing a sunrise...
Or a trip to the zoo!
But I'm also thankful for everyday things,
Like a nice scoop of ice cream...
Or just swinging on swings!
I'm thankful for lemonade to sip from a glass.
I'm thankful for baseball and thick, wavy grass.
And I'm thankful for others,
Who help me so much,
Like firemen and policemen
And soldiers and such.
I'm thankful for my teachers
And all that they give.
I'm thankful for mh country-
What a great place to live!
But mostly I'm thankful for my family and friends
Who make me so happy...
Whose love never ends.
And when all's said and done, it seems very clear...
I like to be thankful
For just being here.











No comments: