Wednesday, February 11, 2009

First of the year update 2009

It is a new year, and we have embarked on new territory.













Connally is signed up for her first gymnastics class. To no surprise, she loves it. She's a natural at it. Her upper strength is stronger than her sister's core. Her favorite (so far) are the parallel bars. She also loves the music and dancing. Every time a "Little Gym" commercial comes on TV, she runs in and excitedly tells us to come see "her Little gym" on TV.... So cute!


Just before Christmas, I left The Container Store. It was a hard and agonizing decision, but it was time to find something that worked with the girls' school schedule. The hectic, retail schedule was starting to take a toll on all of us, especially during the holiday season. I was offered a job with a new preschool in the area. Uneasy with the idea of working in education (I have no experience with it- other than with that of Lucy and Connally,) but I took a deep breath and dove in head first. To much avail, the school did not open. I believe that things happen for a reason, so I stayed positive and waited out the storm.




We all had a lovely Christmas, New Years, and Anniversary with my new "stay at home" schedule. Connally and I enjoyed some serious, much needed bonding time, as soon as school started back for Lucy. We played at the park. We played upstairs. We played at Dave and Ta's house. We played every where.





Lucy participated (or starred, as she would lead you to believe) in her first dance, the Kindergarten Hoedown. They practiced for at least 6 weeks and mastered The Chicken Dance beautifully! I do have to say that she was the cutest cowgirl, with her mini skirt, pink and red plaid pearl top shirt and fire-engine red boots (no offense fellow classmates!)

In late February, I interviewed and accepted a job with Klein ISD as the Receptionist at the new intermediate school, Krimmel. While I'm getting used to sitting in one spot all day long, I'm loving my new schedule (especially the thought of being out of school for Spring Break, as well as the entire summer.) The entire staff has been welcoming. After a two week learning curve, I've only falsely allowed one child predator into the school (just kidding, well, okay maybe a little kidding!)

Lucy gets to go to the after-school program for about an hour everyday, until I can pick her up. She is loving it. As a matter of fact, she gets mad at me when I pick her up too early, as she hasn't finished her games and crafts. She has several friends from her class, as well as from Daisies in the program.

Connally returned to school after a brief Leave of Absence. We feared that she would rebel a little, but (to my knowledge,) she only had one rough day. Well, maybe two rough days....the other day Garrick sent me a photo of her with a fat lip. She apparently climbed up the slide, the wrong way (and was told that if she did that, she may fall.) Well, she fell, and she fell hard. Looked like I had beaten her! The photo is too awful to post.

Trail Riders come to Houston! yee haw.....


Lucy and Connally spent the night at Dave'o and Ta's house Thursday night for their annual Trail Ride fix. After eating their grandparents out of the house, they woke up, dusted off their cowgirl duds and headed out to track down the Trail Riders. They met the Trail Riders at a church, where they both got to pet the horses and sit on the horses. Connally was fascinated. Lucy looked mortified! They also got to meet American Indians and real cowboys. Dave'o and Ta stuffed them back into the car and headed off to two more trail ride destinations. After that, they ended the day at McDonalds for more fun and lunch.



On Saturday, Garrick and I thought we should get our fix with the Rodeo happenings, too. We dropped the girls off at MeeMaw and DadDads, so we could head out to our annual Jackson-Pitcher drink-a-thon at the Rodeo cookoff. As usual, we started out our night at The Houstonian and met up with Sara Jackson. It was a fun year. A little windy and cold, but nothing that the drinks couldn't help. I stood by as Sara's "wingman" while she picked a cute 24 year old. Go Sara Go!
The girls also needed a rodeo fix, so we set out for a fun-filled day of livestock show and rodeo. Ta, Lucy, Connally and myself headed to the livestock show to play with the tractors, look at all the animals, watch the pig races, and of course, ride some rides. It was a little rainy and cold, but that didn't stop us. Their favorite was the "agventure farm" where they got to grow vegetables, milk cows and then buy food with the money they earned.
After a mid-day nap at Dave and Ta's, we ment Garrick for dinner and off we went to see the rodeo show. The girls were in awe of the bull riding, barrel racing, calf scramble and the new favorite mutton bustin'! The even had enough stamina to make it through a couple Clint Black songs.
Spring Break 2009
We started off the week with a trip to the Blue Bell Creamery. Got there early enough to have a scoop of ice cream before the tour, and wouldn't ya know it, a scoop afterwards, too!
Lucy had a two night sleep-over event with her friends. One night was at their house and the second night was at our house. We hosted Kailey (6), Lucy (5), Kelsey (4), and Connally (2.5). They danced, watched movies and I'm not sure what else.
We also painted Connally's room over Spring Break. She is excited to have her very own "fancy nancy" type room. Pale pink with lots of glitz! Photos coming soon.... I promise.

No comments: